Guess it’s time to start thinking about Christmas recipes, and this Smoked Salmon & Guacamole Shots recipe really appeals to me. Everything I love in one glass, and it would make a brilliant and light starter for a Christmas meal. I must look out our old shot glasses, to make sure they are big enough.
Smoked Salmon & Guacamole Shots Recipe
- 340g sliced smoked salmon - the best you can buy
- 100g cream cheese
- 200ml carton creme fraiche
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime and the juice of two limes
- 2 ripe avocados
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Crackers or grissini, to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To prepare: Put 285g smoked salmon in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, creme fraiche and zest and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and whizz until really smooth. Transfer the salmon mousse to a bowl, cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Halve and stone the avocados. Scoop the avocado flesh out into a food processor (ideally a small one), add the juice of the remaining lime and the chopped coriander and season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whizz until really smooth. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Fill 6 shot glasses three-quarters full with the salmon mousse. Smooth the surface, then top with a neat layer of the avocado mixture. Place on a tray, cover with a large sheet of cling film and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the salmon mousses from the fridge 10 minutes before serving. Cut the remaining smoked salmon into thin strips, then roughly fold and place them on top of each mousse. Top each with a coriander leaf or dill sprig and serve with crackers or grissini.
This Smoked Salmon & Guacamole recipe is a delicious recipe to start off your Christmas meal, or any special meal for that matter. Buy the best smoked salmon you can find – after all, it is good for you. If you need a larger portion, this recipe would look fantastic in a wine glass, with a large prawn tucked over the top. Just use your imagination, and, more important, just enjoy it.