Hurrah! This Aubergine with Peppers Salad looks so fresh and full of goodness that is yet another salad recipe to tempt my appetite.
Only a few more weeks to go of having the Chemo treatment (hopefully), and then I can, with a bit of luck, look forward to getting back my appetite. I never realised how difficult this part of going through a Chemotherapy treatment would be. But with the end in sight, I am just trying to eat whatever healthy foods appeal to my rather mixed up tastebuds at the moment. Yet again trawling the internet, I came across this very pretty, fresh salad from House and Garden magazine, so this is one for this weekend. It sounds absolutely delicious, and full of tasty vegetables. Just right for me.
Grilled Aubergine with Peppers Salad Recipe
This is a brilliant summer salad, great to have with a barbecue. To make it a bit more substantial, you could add some ciabatta croutons crisped up in some garlicky olive oil, or even some thin strips of rare beef or my favourite, lamb fillet, to make it a bit more special.
- Olive oil
- 1 Aubergine - cut across the width into 1 cm (1/2 inch) slices
- 1 large red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 120g (4 oz) buffalo mozzarrella, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Rocket leaves
- A few basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 120g (4 oz) plain or greek yoghurt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- Brush the aubergine slices with a little oil and cook in a hot griddle pan, until they are coloured and tender. You may have to do this in batches.
- Whilst the aubergine is cooking, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the pepper and onion, turning occasionally until soft and lightly coloured.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic yoghurt, lemon juice, oil and mint.
- To Serve -
- Divide the aubergine between two plates, top with the pepper, onions, mozzarella, tomato, rocket and basil. Serve with the dressing.
So, another salad recipe to tempt my appetite, Erik will be so relieved. And, I hope, he will enjoy it too. At least he knows I am trying to fill myself up with loads of fresh vegetables, to get my vitamins and minerals to help keep my immune system as healthy as possible. But when a plate of food looks as bright and attractive as this Grilled Aubergine with Peppers Salad recipe, it’s quite easy to be tempted by it. Hope you enjoy it too.