Don’t know about you all out there, but I think I’m all cooked out!
I’ve had a lovely Christmas, and been surrounded by nearly all my grandchildren (except Jacob, which is a shame), but I’ve prepared and peeled and chopped and then eaten for what seems like an eternity, and now, as Nigel Slater would say, I just want something simple and easy to do.
I reckon that this Sweet Chilli Sausage Bake recipe is right up my street. Simple, quick to prepare and cook, using up odds and ends of sausages and vegetables and basically a one-pot wonder. So here it is, and feel free to add any vegetables (mushrooms, new potatoes (halved), carrots etc).
Sweet Chilli Sausage Bake Recipe
- 8 pork sausages (or any flavour you like)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 small to medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 2 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small handful coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- Optional: You can add extra vegetables to bulk it out such as mushrooms, halved new potatoes, carrots etc
- Heat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas6. Put the sausages in a bowl with the sweet chilli sauce and shake around until the sausages are well coated. Tip them into a large roasting dish.
- Toss the butternut squash and red onion in with the sausages (and any extra vegetables you want).
- Nestle the cherry tomatoes around the dish and then drizzle the lot with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes, until the sausages are golden brown and the vegetables tender.
- Scatter the chopped coriander over and serve in the centre of the table with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
This Sweet Chilli Sausage Bake recipe is just perfect for now, after you’ve spent days preparing and cooking for family and friends, and just want to put together something easy (but tastes good). It is taken from the Good Food Channel, and certainly ticks all the boxes for this busy cook who just needs to put her feet up for a day or so. Hope you enjoy it.