Kale, Tomatoes & Mozzarella Sauce Recipe
I’ve been searching out as any Kale Recipes as I could find because Erik and myself love growing all the different types in our Kitchen Garden. But beware,this sauce is quite strong on both garlic and chilli – adjust to suit your tastes. Not for the faint-hearted. But the soft, creamy cheese softens the strong flavours.
Kale, Tomatoes & Mozzerella Sauce Recipe is a great dish to go with Penne or Spaghetti, and is taken from a really useful cookbook for those who ‘grow their own’ – “The Garden to Kitchen Expert” by Judith Wills & Dr. D.G.Hessayon. There are 250 pages of Recipes and tips.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 6 anchovies (from can) chopped roughly
- 2 Red chillies (chopped finely)
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped roughly - Fresh or tinned
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g (11 ozs) Kale - very well washed and rinsed then shredded (take out tough mid-ribs if necessary)
- 1 ball Soft Mozzarella
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet (See Cooking Time above).
- Warm 2 tbsp olive oil in wide deep pan, and gently fry chopped garlic, anchovies and chillies for 1 minute. Add the chopped plum tomatoes and seasoning. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whilst sauce is simmering, put another big pan on half full of water, bring to boil and blanch Kale for 3 minutes. Drain well in colander.
- Add Kale to the sauce, stir, then tear Mozzarella into rough, small balls and stir into the pan. Remove from heat, then combine sauce with the pasta and pour into big warmed bowls.
- Enjoy your Kale, Tomatoes and Mozzarella Sauce and Pasta!
Preparation Time: 15 mins - mainly for washing and preparing kale
Cooking Time: Sauce - 15 mins (Pasta cooked first according to instructions, then tossed with 1 tbsp oil and kept warm)